AKA Life w/out Betsy
It’s been days since I’ve driven her. She’s just been sitting in the garage, resting. I’ve been told that she should be put out to pasture, but I’m fighting it hard. She’s been such a good car, probably the best car I’ve ever had, even better than Suzette. Well, maybe it’s a tie between Betsy and Suzette. I’ve had them about the same amount of time and the work that they needed was kind of similar actually from a financial standpoint…so OK so that’s also reminding me that I’ve survived this before. I’ll survive it again.
There’s a new car for me out there to love and to take good care of me and family while we drive around town getting back-and-forth to school and work and errands and not being trapped here at home …though it’s kind of a nice trap sometimes ….but it’s also been really great for us to have two cars —— helps a lot when there’s a kid in the mix.
And part of the reason I’m gaining weight back is that I’m not doing any of the physical activity I was when driving’s I need that stair workout, it helps!
I really hope this new med works and the side effects are less terrible!
So here we are halfway through March and the job at Opportunity Partners didn’t work out and I’m back to a just one, this unpaid leave from Dragonfly …
I’m supposed to be getting the first check any day now…though yeah I was totally right frame in my head in quotes “check is in the mail” …quotes being the code for - ha ha you’ll be lucky if you get it!
And there’s supposed to be more eventually.
In the meantime, need to find a new job - companion, not caregiver.
Need to find a new car,
I need to get back on infusions (which means first I need to pay off my co-pay past due balance) which means I need to get some money, real money cause
I also need to pay the March mortgage and the March HOA fee…
*sigh*
so that’s the state of Sam at this particular moment in time.
And it’s HIS birthday tomorrow. And for the first time ever (or at least in over a decade) I’m not prepared at all and it’s the day before and what the fuck am I gonna do????
So it’s either gonna be (thank God for) DoorDash and delivery cause I could find a card and something and have it delivered tomorrow (not asking for today while there’s a blizzard going on…not without giving a super big tip which would eat into the funds I have) …
Hmmm so now to think about or research….go the traditional route or do a birthday post here in the blog…
Share my thoughts and feelings about his being born with the world this time instead of just keeping between us.
Speaking of that, somebody recently asked how many people read it and I said I don’t know …but that there was somewhere I could look …from the last time I looked I have more than just one reader and so if you are one of the people reading this, well thank you! ♥️♥️
I know I don’t post a whole lot but what is posted feels important enough to me that I want it to be documented and ….
And who are we kidding, it’s also another way of “hearing” myself talk about me 😂😂😂😂
But seriously, I just need a place to express myself and do another thing I love, which is writing.
Before I stop for today, question…to have more coffee or not?? My home cold brew concoctions are really quite tasty.
Onward and upwards.