Aka What Do I Really Want
I’ve been listening to a lot of audiobooks of stories written by Nora Roberts and every once in a while, I’ll come across some dialogue that she’s written that just really strikes close to home when it comes to thinking about my feelings about love and relationships …
Current dialogue has the female character getting asked out in a second date by the male character and it just got me thinking…
I wish I wasn’t always the one suggesting the time and place for us to meet up, example - why don’t I stop by your work? I mean I do it because it’s the only way I know for sure I’m gonna see him... but
I’d really love it if, once in a while, he was the one who picked the time and place and invited me out. It would make me feel really pursued and special.
And I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what reality for us means but I don’t think we really can know because really the first thing that has to happen, is that he has to untangle his relationship with her. We need to go through the experiences in real time and that means he has to be available in order for us to give it a real chance. And that's the heart of it.
Life is gonna continue to go on one day after the next and there’s gonna be ups and downs, but I think who you come home to at the end of the night matters a lot. Who you share your bed with matters a lot. Who knows how much of an amazing person you are and shows you and tells you often matters a lot.
And while I love O and V with every fiber of my being, they’re not my forever people. They're eventually moving on with their own lives. B is my forever person and I wanna live with him. I wanna share life with him. I wanna share life with him and A. I want him to be the rest of my life and to be with him the rest of my life.
I don’t know how the first part of what I talked about plays into the rest of it but they're just both on my mind and heart.