Put all my eggs in one basket. Researched all the changes that have gone on the last 25+ years since I last worked for them. (Expanded lobby! Second stage! Union!)
Thought about the fact that there would probably be new ticketing software.
Figured out what I’d wear for the interview, if I got the second interview.
Flashback. This is the cover letter. And it was true with ever fiber of my being.
Dear Hiring Team,
I was excited to see the Ticket Office Associate opportunity at Children’s Theatre Company and am pleased to submit my application.
My career in performing arts patron service began as a Box Office Associate at the Ordway Music Theatre and later included Ticket Office Reservations at Children’s Theatre Company, along with ticket office and patron service roles at several Twin Cities arts organizations. Those experiences taught me how important the ticket office is in creating a welcoming, positive experience for every patron.
Since then, I have expanded those skills through more than thirteen years with Delta Air Lines, where I supported reservations, ticketing, and premium group clients, and later through customer support at Capella University. Across every role, I have built a reputation for professionalism, empathy, clear communication, attention to detail, and helping people find solutions.
I would be honored to return to Children’s Theatre Company and contribute to the outstanding service your patrons expect. The opportunity to bring both my early performing arts experience and the customer service skills I have developed over the years back to CTC is one I find genuinely exciting.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss how my background and enthusiasm for patron service can contribute to your team.