David Seay shared Joel Osteen Ministries's status update.

Me (my comment when sharing)
Those of you that know me and my background religion-wise know I tend to steer clear of anything to do with religion but outside of this, I've heard bits and pieces of his sermons while channel surfing (back in the day when I had cable) and he has good, positive things to say and this just reminds me of that.
☯☯☯
I confess, I've not only caught bits and pieces but have sat and watched/listened for a few minutes and was ...OK with what I was hearing.
And now that just makes me think about what I wrote...about steering clear of anything to do with religion and think to myself...whoa, those JW years really fucked you up. I know so many people who are happy and positive about their religion. (Yes, my mother is one of those people.)
So maybe I'm going to be a little bit more open-minded and do a little Googling on Joel Osteen. Starting with Wikipedia (god, I LOVE Wikipedia!)
BRB.
Televangelist. That's why afraid to admit I've liked what I've heard so far. There have been ones who have made that word a dirty one.
Ah! A book I should see if the library has for me to borrow:
Damn, right there I'm hooked.
and OMG
Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day
Holy shit. (Pun intended.) THIS is what I could be doing with some of my free time.
*sigh*
I guess it really IS all about me huh?*
I have to remember that my world is a better place when I focus on others for a change (I learn so much and my love just grows bigger for them.)
OK, now where was I? Oh yeah, Joel Osteen...
Oh geez, now wonder I am interested...
Criticism (and how crazy what I take from criticism???)
On October 14, 2007, 60 Minutes ran a twelve-minute segment on Osteen, titled "Joel Osteen Answers his Critics", during which Reformed theologian Michael Horton told CBS News correspondent Byron Pitts that Osteen's method of teaching is heresy. Horton stated that the problem with Osteen's message is that it makes religion about us instead of about God".[28]
Osteen's message is that it makes religion about us instead of about God".[28]
Osteen's message is that it makes religion about us instead of about God".[28]
Bloody hell.
I'm intrigued and so now I've requested the first book...but at the first sign of asking for money, I'm done. Hmmm. Is that my deal-breaker with religion? I want him to be living a modest lifestyle and [prove] he's not in it for the money. (Well, wait, aren't we all in it for some money ourselves? There is nothing wrong with that right?)
*(Oh S, I wish you read this blog. But it would probably remind you of the thing about me that drives you the most crazy.)
I confess, I've not only caught bits and pieces but have sat and watched/listened for a few minutes and was ...OK with what I was hearing.
I guess it really IS all about me huh?*
Criticism (and how crazy what I take from criticism???)
On October 14, 2007, 60 Minutes ran a twelve-minute segment on Osteen, titled "Joel Osteen Answers his Critics", during which Reformed theologian Michael Horton told CBS News correspondent Byron Pitts that Osteen's method of teaching is heresy. Horton stated that the problem with Osteen's message is that it makes religion about us instead of about God".[28]Osteen's message is that it makes religion about us instead of about God".[28]
Osteen's message is that it makes religion about us instead of about God".[28]
Bloody hell.
*(Oh S, I wish you read this blog. But it would probably remind you of the thing about me that drives you the most crazy.)
